Thursday, 21 February 2013

Mac Archie's Girls - Betty Bright Lipstick; my thoughts and swatches..






Mac's Archie's girls collection has finally hit Mac after it's eagerly awaited launch!!! The Mac website say's "The ravishing rivals for Archie's affection inspire a colour collection celebrating their iconic personas. Smoulder in deep and seductive tones inspired by spoiled rich girl Veronica or beam like blonde-next-door Betty in soft and innocent shades for eyes and face. So gorgeous in exclusively designed packaging. Limited edition."

The difference between the Veronica's make up and Betty's make up is obvious. Veronica's make up has a lot of purple, deep dark tones, deep red and purple lipsticks where as Betty's make up is all sweetness and light with peach and pinky tones. Mac has done an amazing job describing each personality through just a colour. It's a really fun way to pick the colour you want because you can have a think about whether your a girl next door sweet and innocent like Betty or a bit of a sexy vixen like Veronica. The collection contains like every other Mac collection lipsticks, nail varnish, blush, lip gloss etc but the main thing that seems to be taking the blogging world by storm is the Pearl Matter Face Powder, they do look amazing and super beautiful but I couldn't afford a splurge so opted for just a lipstick instead. 

Like I mentioned above it's fun having a think about your personality and matching yourself to Veronica or Betty, I personally feel like I'm a bit of both depending on how I'm feeling and at the time of this order I was feeling like Betty so I had a look her the lipsticks and of course I picked Betty Bright. Betty Bright is a really vibrant light peachy coral colour and it's honestly the most perfect colour for the coming seasons - I'm a big believer in matching your lipstick to the weather so on Sunday when the weather played a bit of lets pretend it Summer for one day this was the first thing I reached for. The colour just totally brightens up your face, I did my make up as normal but as soon as I put this on I just looked healthier, the colour really brought out the yellowy, Orangey undertones in my skin and made me look like I had a bit of a tan, I was in love. I know me and Betty bright are going to have a beautiful love affair this Spring/Summer and I almost feel like I wont need to cheat on Betty Bright as this colour is everything you look for in a Summer time lipstick but I can't promise anything we all know when you walk past another pretty colour you just can't help yourself BUT this will be a definite top runner. 

Betty Bright is a Satin finish lippy, it's not super matte and it's not supper glossy and shiny, it's just right in the middle if anything a little more matte. The lipstick is really creamy and glides on your lips and like every other Mac lipstick it lasts. I did after an hr or so plus I ate had to re touch this but just because its such a bright, light colour it's a bit obvious when it's rubbed off in places but hey who cares who wouldn't want to go to the bathroom and wack this bad boy our for a retouch and show its super cute packaging off!!! The packaging is amazing, your going to love it or hate it, I love it, it's soooo cute I love the white and the cartoon character on the side showing you if it's part of Veronica's collection or Betty's. 


I don't really have much else to say about this lipstick like all Mac lipsticks it's amazing, Mac never fail on the lipstick front and yet again they've triumphed. I really hope I can afford some more from the Archie's girls collection soon but until then Betty Bright is definitely filling that hole!! 

Have you got anything from the collection yet? 





12 comments:

  1. This collection is the reason I hate that my nearest MAC is two hours away >< So so pretty! This lipstick is definitely on my wishlist.

    - Sho
    http://shonalouxo.blogspot.ie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! My nearest Mac is Manchester, they need more stores no fair!! xx

      Delete
  2. I was going to get this one, but passed, and now i am really regretting not getting it lol its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think it's sold out on the website, I'm pretty sure you can still get it on the Selfridges website thought xx

      Delete
  3. Love this colour! Its so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool post. I love this product, the packaging is also interesting and creative.
    Mind to follow each other? Let me know. :)

    http://tasiawijayanti.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely going to have to get this, it's such a lovely a colour, lovely blog aswell I just followed:)x

    http://februaryairr.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful color :)
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC and Bloglovin?
    Let me know :)

    Kisses!

    http://www.gagcloud.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that shade!


    http://allliecatts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i bought two lipsticks from the making pretty collection so can't justify any more lipstick splurges! wish i could tho cos this looks lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete