Sunday, 24 February 2013

Make up look - Dramatic cat eye cut crease with glitter, using Urban Decay Naked 2


Welcome Jasmin or Min Min as we like to call her to my blog :)

So my little Sister Jasmin came round for tea last night, tea turned into her staying over and staying over meant I could do some make up on her, normal thing to do to your lil sis right?! I love doing my make up and as I want to pursue it as a career I take every chance to do my sisters make up so I can practice on someone I can make mistakes on. Doing something else's make up is so different to doing your own but so enjoyable!! I find it really calming in a way because I have to really focus on what I'm doing my mind just can't focus on anything else. I needed to practice doing eye liner on someone else, so we opted for this rather dramatic cat eye cut crease look and of course I thought I would blog about it :)


The first step to this look is creating the outline, I used Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel liner and my Sigma eye liner brush to create the shape. As you can see I did a normal winged eye line, extended it past the tear duct and drew a line above Jasmin's natural crease to create what is called a cut crease. Once you have your shape the rest is easy. I'd suggest drawing the line you draw to create the cut crease with you eyes open so you can see how it will look, making sure it's not too straight and has a nice curve to it. 


  
Next I put Verve from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette all over her lid up to the pretend crease, I chose Verve because we added silver glitter later on but you can pick what ever colour you fancy. 



After that I added Blackout from the Naked 2 palette on top of the eyeliner, making the line more intense, thinker and blended. I didn't blend the blackout as much as I normally would as I wanted an intense line. 


I don't think you can really tell in the picture but I added NYX Glitter on the go - Crystal to the lid. Using Mac's Fix+ on a brush to make the glitter stick to the lid.  


We then thought we may's well go for a little more drama so I extended the black to create a winged eye liner affect, taking it up to the eyebrow, this really extended Jasmin's natural eye shape. 


Add some lashes and there you go, a really dramatic, cat eye, glitter look. I really liked this look and if you've got the confidence to do it then go for it, it's a great look to change to any eye shape by just moving where you draw the fake crease, making this wearable for everyone!!





On the rest of Min Min's face - 

Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation
Mac Studio Finish Concealer 
Mac Pro longwear Concealer - under her eyes
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Sleek Blush by 3 - Suger 364
Rimmel Apocalips - Luna (review here)

This look does look more complicated than it is, it's super easy and I didn't use a lot of products, just as long as you get the cut crease in the correct place then your good to go. 




19 comments:

  1. It looks really good ! I especially love the lip colour :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! That lip colour looks stunning next to her green hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it, she had a bit of a crazy moment! ha x

      Delete
  3. Wow such a dramatic look! Amazing and so pretty!

    http://make-up-mogul.blogspot.co.uk/

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lip colour is beautiful!

    Samantha xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg!!!! i have a girls weekend away coming up shortly and i'm soooo doing this makeup for the night out! fab!

    i'm also now lusting after luna xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous look for a night out isn't it!!! Have fun :D xxx

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous makeup) you are incredibly beautiful)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great! I will need to give it a go!

    Emma xx

    http://uglybugbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should :) I bet it would look beautiful! xx

      Delete
  8. This is such a good look, I'll definitely be trying this one my own sister and if it works out I might try on me! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sisters are great for this kinda thing ;) xx

      Delete
  9. this cut crease look is amazing on you!!!! fierce!!

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did such an amazing job on your sister! I love the look on her. I agree that doing someone else's makeup is totally different from doing your own - I'm terrible at doing makeup on others, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a bad ass look - and I just love the glittery eye shadow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This page https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=368921869886680&set=a.358129657632568.1073741828.358120350966832&type=1&theater is ridiculing your makeup. Report it to facebook. Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. BLEND THAT EYESHADOW, GIRL!

    ReplyDelete