Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Make up look - Red and Brown; Make Blue/Green eyes POP!!



So I recently bought Red Brick eye shadow from Mac and Embark also from Mac, Red Brick obviously being Red and Embark is a Reddy Brown colour. I bought these two colours because I was looking for something to really make my Blue/Green eyes pop, why red? because on the colour wheel the opposite to Blue is Red so Red makes Blue pop and boy does it work, I wasn't expecting my eye colour to look so vibrant, the Red really brought out the green in my eyes - I am in love with this eye look so if you have Blue/Green eyes and want to make them pop I'm guna tell you how!




On the left is Red Brick, it's a beautiful colour, it's a mix between Red, Orange and Brown and Embark on the right is a Reddy Brown, both colours are Matte if the Red was shimmery this look would look way over the top as you know Red isn't a typical colour to wear on your lids! 



So here's a step by step of how I got this beauts if I do say so myself look - 

1. I didn't take a picture but first of I primed my eyelids with Urben Decay Primer Potion. I put Red Brick all over my eyelid - I used my Sigma Eye Performance Brush Kit but you can use what ever, your fingers are your best tool!! I really packed on the colour because I wanted it to be vibrant! I then blended the colour out with a blending brush so there are no harsh lines, I blended the colour above what would be my crease but I'm a hooded eye gal so no crease for me ha because of this I take all my eye shadows a bit higher to create a pretend crease - lil trick for you there! 

2. On a pencil brush I took Embark and created what actually looks like a C once again taking this higher because of the shape of my eye, if you have a defined crease then you could just put this colour on your outter V but I did a C!

3. Blend, Blend, Blend - blending is so important, with my 217 Mac blending brush I blended Embark you can see the difference between picture 2 and 3!

4. I started blending Embark up higher towards my eyebrow to open up my eye, making sure the colour was darkest on the outer eye, lighter towards the inner part of the eye, you don't want Panda eyes! 

5. I put Red brick on my lower lass line, all the way across.

6. I then put Embark on the lower lash line, only taking it half way across.

7. I connected Embark on my lower lash line to Embark on my lid, creating a clean line - up lifts your eyes! 

8. I then smudged and blended the lower lash line so there was no harsh lines

9. Add your fav Mascara, I used L'oreal Telescopic.



There you go, pretty simple I think, I didn't use any brow highlight because I wanted to keep it minimal because of the red. You could add a shimmer highlight to your brow bone and your tear duct and add false eyelashes to turn this into a night time look! 





On the rest of my face
- Mac Studio Fix Fluid 
- Mac Pro Longwear Concealer under my eyes
- Mac Studio Finish Concealer on the rest of my face
- Rimmel Silky Loose Transparent setting powder
- Mac Silver Dusk under my eyes
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer
- MUA blusher - Shade 1
- L'oreal Rouge Caresse - 301 Dating Coral


Do you think you'll be recreating this look? If so I'd love to see pictures!





20 comments:

  1. Wow that's gorgeous! I've never tried reddy eyeshadows before but this properly makes your eyes pop x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely,

    omg you're so talented doing makeup I love this look well done. Also, good choice of brand!

    I really like your blog and I'm following you on GFC now.
    Would really love it if you checked out my blog too! xx

    http://beautytricks1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never really been a fan of red eyeshadow but you've really made it look great! Lovely work, I'm now a new follower :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Followed back, you have thee most amazing eyelashes ha! xx

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing! xx

    Youlooknicetodayxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi :) I nominated you for the Liebster award - http://stacey-ajourneyofathousandmiles.blogspot.co.uk/

    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous makeup :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so striking, it looks amazing

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing look :)
    Check out my blog at: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your actual eye colour is stunning, nice makeup look xx

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really liked your blog so nominated you for the Liebster award on mine.

    http://uglybugbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your eyes are stunning! The red really makes them stand out. I am majorly jealous of your eyelashes too - wow!

    Love your blog - I'm a new follower :)
    Abby x
    Be You and Be Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L'oreal Telescopic - Miracle worker ;) xx

      Delete
  12. I really like this ..pretty
    new follower.
    follow back, if you like ;) andy

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh how pretty, I have green eyes and will definitely be trying this look on myself, I've recently got into wearing orange lipstick but will try this look as a change. thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the makeup!!

    Jessica
    www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I tagged you for the Leibster awards. More information is on my blog!

    ReplyDelete