Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Mac Rebel; review and swatches plus Kate Moss 107 comparison.


Ohhhh pretty lipstick!! Everyone say hello to Rebel, a very well known lippy in the bloggin' world simply because it is god damn beautiful! Rebel is one of Mac's Satin finish lipsticks which means it's longer lasting, full coverage and is kind of Matte but is a lot more creamier then the Matte range of lipsticks.

Rebel is ubber pigmented and as you can see in the picture is a plum purple colour. What you see is what you get with this colour, often the colour doesn't transfer the same on the lips and ends up looking a lot more sheer but not with this one. 

The longevity of this lipstick is amazing, I can put this on in the morning and by the end of the day I'll have a Rebel stain on my lips. I wore this lipstick to a meal recently and it even stayed on after eating and drinking!! 



Over all I love this lipstick, definitely my most reached for lipstick when I'm getting ready for a meal or night out!

Rebel in action after eating! 


A lot of people say that Rimmel Kate Moss 107 is a dupe for Rebel but in all honesty I don't think it is. Like I said Rebel is a deep plum purple colour where as Kate Moss 107 is a reddy wine colour, yes they are both dark vampy colours but totally different types of vampy.



On the left is Kate Moss 107 and on the right is Rebel. Kate Moss 107 is a gorgeous colour and is one my favorite lipsticks, Kate Moss is a velvety matte finish and last's all day. For a lipstick that costs £5.49 it is super pigmented and is a really lovely lipstick. 

Have you tried either of these lipsticks? Love them as much as I do?!






25 comments:

  1. I'm too scared to wear bright/bold lip colours, but Rebel still catches my eye every time! Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to wear it as fabulously as you :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you should, simply eye make up and anyone can wear a bold lipstick. Give the Kate Moss one a go since it's cheaper first, bet you'll love it :D xx

      Delete
  2. I love that you did a comparison! Great post the colour looks great on you.

    Hazel X
    whichhazel05@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just treated myself to Kate Moss 107, I love it! This is a great post, I love seeing the comparisons between brands & they look lovely on you!


    Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw bet you do, amaaaazing lipstick :D I love all the Kate Moss lipsticks! x

      Delete
  5. Rebel is one of my all time favourite lipsticks and like you it's one I reach for on nights out. I really want to try the Kate Moss 107!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect 'night out' shade isn't it!! x

      Delete
  6. When I first got rebel I was horrified to see it in the tube haha it looks SO dark and intimidating but now it's one of my favourite lipsticks too and I always wear it for nights out :)
    haven't got the Kate moss one but it looks such a nice bargain lipstick, might have to add it to my shopping list haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaaaa bit intimidating isn't it!! xx

      Delete
  7. I'm really not a lipstick girl due to the fact that it doesn't last.
    But I am loving these colors!
    I think I will pick one up and give it a whirl!!!!

    You have such beautiful eyes, btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mac lipsticks last agggges spesh Rebel so you should defo give it a whirl ;)

      Aww thank you :D xx

      Delete
  8. Amazing lip stick!!))is awesome!!

    Maybe follow each other on gfc and Bloglovin? Let me know))
    xoxo
    http://wildshadeblog.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  9. great blog, keep going!

    xx http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jade, the lipstick color is really and suits you so well. Have to look for that color next time shopping. I am your newest follower, feel free to stop by my blog anytime darling! :-)

    xoxo Pakize

    Madame Keke

    ReplyDelete
  11. I nearly bought this last time I went to a M.A.C store but changed my mind, kinda gutted about that now! I love it... Would love for you to check my blog out at some point :) www.beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk - I am a new follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love mac's rebel, great post:) also I've nominated you for a Liebster award go to my link for the questions and rules:) http://februaryairr.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/liebster-award_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This shade is gorgeous on you! :) Lovely colour! Marwa x
    thenotrichgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are such a nice shades;)X

    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely prefer the purple shade of the MAC - but obviously Kate is a better price tag :)

    Be great if you could check out my latest camouflage & monochrome outfit post here

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete