Saturday, 23 March 2013

Make up look - Classic pin up look, plus tips and tricks for perfecting winged eyeliner!


WHAAAAAA it's me again... finally!!!!!! Where the frigg have I been?! Honestly I don't know, wish I could say it's been a crazy couple of weeks and I've just been far to busy to blog but nope not the case, I think I've just been lazy :/ whoops!!! 

Make up look blog posts seem to be the most 
gpopular so I thought a make up look would be a good post to do on my return ha :D I won't bore you with a mahosive introduction and just get on with the look. 

The eye shadow:

1. I wanted the lid to be nice and light so I used NYX Jumbo eye pencil in Milk all over my lid.

2. Blend blend blend the milk and set with a white or light eye shadow. 

3. I used the Naked palette to add some depth to my crease. First of I used Naked on a 217 blending brush, blending it back and forth in the crease, not being to precise then using Buck on the same brush in the crease focusing more colour on the outter bit of your eye and blend blend blend!!   

The eye liner: 

YES that is sellotape on my face! If you struggle with eyeliner then my first tip is to use sellotape, sellotape gives you a guide line for your wing and makes it easier to draw a straight line! Second tip is to use Gel eye liner and a winged liner brush or fine liner brush! 

1. Take some sellotape and put it on the back of your hand so it's not super sticky round your eye area. Like I said your using this sellotape and a guide line so you need to place it where you feel you want you wing to go, you could line it up with your eyebrow or have it on more of a straight angel. I lined the sellotape up with my lower lash line, if your struggling to find the right angel then go with lining it up with your lower lash line as this will always suit your eye shape.

2. Using a Gel liner start the liner, I used Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner simply because it's amazing, by far my favourite eye liner. I normally start in the middle of my eye right at the lash line then the inner corner joining up, at first you just want to draw a simple line, making it thinker later. 

3. Now draw your wing, as high or low as you like joining it with the line on your lid. Don't worry about going over the sellotape as that's what it's for! 



Now is the time to make your line thinker, close your eye, place your brush the middle of the wing you created and make it thinker from there, drawing on an angle.

Time for mascara and lashes, Can't remember the number of these lashes but there Eyelure one's. I also added the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk on my lower lash line to really open up my eyes! 



Finish of with a bold lipstick, the typical colour of course being Red. I recently bought Mac Impassioned, a really bright bold pink so I used that for a bit of a change. 


On the rest of my face - 

Revlon Colour Stay for Normal/Dry Skin
Mac Pro longwear Concealer 
Benefit Hoola Bronzer for contouring 
MUA blusher in shade one
L'oreal Paris Telescopic mascara
E.L.F Eyebrow kit





5 comments:

  1. I love Impassioned! This is such a great tip for eyeliner too! Will try this definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And thank you so much for the tip about sellotape, wish I had thought of this before my many eyeliner fails. x

    Glossy Temptations

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wear the look really well! I oughtto try out that tape trick, since I'm horrible with eye liner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi dear..nice blog...would you like to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin...let me know..

    http://deepti01.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! I followed! I would love it if you could check out my blog and follow me? Thanks so much! http://camigmakeup4u2c.blogspot.com
    xoxo
    Cami

    ReplyDelete